Saturday, September 17, 2011

Last Saturday Night

Oh. This post should be posted a week a go. But there's no such thing as late for memories.
I had a blast with the boys even it may be a farewell for a friend. Gonna share happinessssssss and a little bit more.

The day started with picking up new shoes at my friend house. I bought the classic Vans shoes. In blue. Ah. Time to move on from Converse (I don't know how my Converse can be too small for my feet since your feet were not suppose to grow anymore on this age, correct?) After that went to the mall to grab lunch and transit before meeting with the boys later in the afternoon.

The day before I bought this magazine, Monocle. It was a thick magazine. It was Vogue for the brains. It covers A B C D E, from current affairs up to design. Nice reading with a cup of caramel macchiato. Not long after I sat at a coffee shop, turns out, Dacung is at the gym across the coffee shop. So then I joined him and his friend for their late lunch and then continue to Denis' house.

Good to be back to Denis' house. The base-camp for a couple years back in high-school. Where almost every saturday we spent hours on band rehearsal. Nice to fit into his big room, talking, lounging, ah always the good 'ol times. Wish it was full-team. Too bad Diko's working in another city.

Then it's time to pick a place for dinner. You know the long discussion without and end. But after I mention Cung Gi Wa, the known Korean Barbecue near by, we all (kind of) agree. We got a seat where we sat on the floor (you get what I mean). We had talks with Denis, he's the one leaving for San Francisco. He's a bit of uncertain about leaving. Lots on his mind apparently. We tried giving him funny pep talk and all. Well he got no way back. So a funny pep talk perhaps is a little of what he needs.

 Denis and Me. Cung Gi wa for dinner is never a wrong option. Photo: Dwi Suleiman
 Dacung and Andaru the man who kept moving I couldn't take a picture of him. Photo: Dwi Suleiman


After Cung Gi Wa, we moved to a coffee place down in Senopati area, Bakoel Coffee, meeting more friends. Because I had macchiato earlier, I opted for Hot Chocolate. Before the number of people get bigger, my curfew alarm is on. So after a few pictures after more friends had arrived, I went home. Giving Denis our picture as a reminder of us :) Thank God for instant camera. Hot chocolate was a bad choice for a sleepyhead like me driving alone at night. I yawned a lot. But safe ride home.

Denis had arrived at San Fransisco yesterday. Be good, God bless you my friend. Stay as long as you can. I am saving up money for SF.

For a little nostalgic moment. Here's the "transformation" of the band. From the beginning until now.
Allgemein. The Beginning. (2003) 
Allgemein. Re-born. Dwi a.k.a Dacung as new guitarist. (2005)
Allgemein. Still Together, with the forever fan: Diko's sister :).  (2011)
Allgemein. This photo is somehow heart-breaking. Minus Diko. 2011
---
PS: A little bit more happiness to share, next Tuesday is the BigWave concert featuring Yellowcard. AND GUESS WHAT. I win a chance to meet the band. You know. THE MEET AND GREET STUFFS. Don't need to flip out. BECAUSE I HAVE. :) Wish me luck and see you soon Mr. Key.

No comments: