Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Insanity Above Imagination: Someone Must've


picture from here

it’s two a.m

and we’re strolling down the bridge
i can’t believe we’re doing this

didn’t we always bicker?

didn’t we always ignore?
why are now we holding hands?

someone must’ve flipped a coin

including our life 
making it upside down

it’s seven p.m

and i am waiting anxiously
i can’t believe we’re doing this

didn’t we always mess up?

didn’t we always parted directions?
why are now we on a same boat?

someone must’ve flipped a coin

including our life
making it upside down

it’s ten p.m

and i am on my bed smiling ear to ear
i can’t believe we’re doing this

someone must’ve flipped a coin

including our life
making it upside down

someone must’ve
-August 26th, 2011

I made this lyric, inspired by latest occurring in my life. A friend of mine, a good friend, is moving to U.S.A to continue his study. We seldom talk but we remain good friends. He's not much of a talker -so am I- so we're kind of socially awkward if there's only the two of us in a room. But thanks to a medium with a screen and a keyboard those awkwardness could go on a vacation, at least for a while. 
Prior to his departure, we had a small talk, about his leaving and "the new life" he's going to embrace, a talk I never thought we could've. So that inspires me to write this. But I add a twist of romantic spices for a little heart beat. The bridge on the first verse refers to the Golden Gate, San Francisco (the city where he's heading). I suppose the Golden Gate is not that friendly at two a.m, but hey, that's why "I can't believe we're doing this".
He has my blessings to live in a city I wanted to live in. Perhaps it could be an opened door for me someday to fit his place. *BIG GRIN*
----
Insanity Above Imagination is my music project along with two other good-friends. Click on the link above for other lyrics and stuffs we record :D

No comments: