Monday, January 16, 2012

Rookie

I am a rookie on flower arranging, but I love it. I had the chance to decorate my house on my brother's Siraman (it's a javanese traditional ritual shower before getting married) and yesterday's thanksgiving lunch at home. I could spend 2 hours making around 6-7 arrangements on my brother's Siraman, but unfortunately it took me almost 6 hours making 13 arrangements yesterday.


I would love to be an apprentice to a florist, should I or shouldn't I?

To be honest, I really had no idea on flower arranging. It started when flower arrangements often popped in blog/web post on d.i.y stuffs that I often walked into. When I had the chance, I want to try it. So, there I am, picking out flowers at the flowers market. On the second run, I already knew what I want. Less type of flowers, less form and more hydrangea. I love hydrangea at the moment, unfortunately, it demands a lot of water. 

I also tried on more expensive roses yesterday, to be mixed with the cheaper ones. Money talks. The more expensive ones has thicker stem, thicker but softer petals, and when it blooms, oh dear, it blooms perfectly. It took another day for it to bloom almost perfectly. 

And now I am thinking about buying a small cactus on a small pot to decorate my desktop at the office, a little green would refresh the eyes, don't ya think?

2 comments:

kamaratih said...

Could not see the photo, lately my g**gle chrome is not so friendly T_T

Asep Darmana told me that cactus can absorbs radiation coming out from computer screen :) That's why he put cactus beside his computer when doing final project.

Irene Hutami said...

broken link so sorry..

really, that so! haven't found the cactus yet, but soon!