Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lovestruck

I am Love struck. Mark Foster stole my heart. 

Foster The People performance was awesome. I thought they would be like just playing electronic stuff, album arrangement stuffs. Turned out they played, well, with only one album to play, they manage to play all of the songs from their freshman album with different arrangements plus 2 new songs and the cherry on top, cover version of Say It Ain't So by Weezer. It was really the cherry on top. Because I was expecting to see them perform this particular song after watching a couple performances on youtube (refer to this post). Such a blessing to be able to see one live. Hope to see Weezer play vice versa. 

I was kinda irritated though with how the sound turned out. It was almost too loud that I could go deaf (hyperbolism detected). But I love how the crowd enjoy the show and respect other audience (despite some selfish guys smoking at almost the end of the show). The stage was very dark, black, simple and subtle, in contrast, the lighting was dynamic. Which brought the performance to a different level. 

The whole band was awesome, cool performance from Pontius and Cubbie. Mark's footloose dance moves, hands down the best, though I really wish he was more talkative. And at one time, Mark Foster went down the stage to shake some hands and tried to stand on the barrier (though it looks like a though job), how I wish I was at the front row. 

Setlist Foster The People, Jakarta, January 11, 2012

Houdini
Miss You
Life On The Nickel
I Would Do Anything
Broken Jaw
Waste
Call it What You want
Don't Stop
Say It Ain't So
Helena Beat

Encore:
Ruby
Warrant 
Pumped Up Kicks

I must say Pumped Up Kicks live version, kicks more asses. You just want to dance. 













No comments: