Sunday, January 27, 2013

Universe and Signs

I have always have this weird faith in the universe. Because it speaks, in words that probably nobody would understands, but it speaks in a way that's always true, that it only took time and patience to understand. 

I was feeling rather unsettled the past couple of days, and I was told not to hold any thing back if it bothers. So after a rather reckless but considerate consideration, the word is out. And guess what happened, universe sends another message and I didn't see it coming, again. Signs received, so now let time do the thing. 

Some people came into your life for a reason, you never know how long they would last, if they're planning to stay, or would they go and when they'd go. And sometimes, the unfortunate happens. Some people are meant to fall for each other, but not to be together. 

This story of mine, inspired me co-writing the following.


The video is actually a song, I co-wrote it with Andhang. Andhang wrote this song, inspired by the stories from people around him. Andhang actually already wrote all of the parts. But something's just not right for him, that's where I stepped in. When he sent me his demo, I was clearly getting what the song is all about, it was like I was feeling the vibe. For me the song is about the signs from the universe. It's about meeting people. It's about looking ahead on what's going to be. It's about feelings. It's about changing. It's about learning to open a heart. For me it's about the universe, telling me things I clearly hadn't understand, just yet.

At first, things are running in my mind like crazy. A lot of things I want to pour out in a song. But I just couldn't find the words for it. Until one day, probably the first day of the "unsettling" days. I just sat in front of my laptop, listening to the song again, and again. And then it appears. (oh by the way, the lyric's in Indonesian) These are the final lyrics. 


Tanda tanda yang nyata
Menunjukkan bahwa ini bukan kebetulan
Tanda tanda yang jelas
Mungkin dua hati ini sudah semestinya bersama?

Mereka-reka rasa di dada
Ketika ragu menutupi
Merentas batas
Kau dan aku..

ada rasa tanpa nama
mengusikku dalam sadar
mungkinkah kau juga rasakan yang sama?
ingatlah bahwa waktu kita masih lama

If I may translate, it's something like this:

There are clear signs
That this isn't any coincidence
There are more clear signs
Should these hearts belong together?

Questioning feelings in my heart
While doubts clouds over
We just need to make way, 
for you and me

There's a feeling without a name
It's bothering me in my wake
Could you ever feel the same?
Just remember, we got a long time to go. 

Andhang previously titled the song as 'Kode' or Signs, and I thought, what if we use 'Angan' instead. In English, 'Angan' translate as notion. And I thought it holds something more than signs. It holds wishful thinking, a hope, and more joy in it.

PS: I probably don't make sense. But, I guess nobody is, sometimes.

No comments: