Saturday, January 26, 2013

Escape!













Got a holiday in the middle of the week, so I decided to go to Bandung for a day, stayed in for two nights. I took of after work on Wednesday, spent the whole Thursday at Bandung, and took an early shuttle on Friday and went straight to work.

Went to a couple places I sort of missed and never been before. Stayed at Nadia's, a house that is always warm and an always loving host. Waking up to a clear sky, watching TV till noon. Then off we went to lunch at Warung Lela. Always a favorite in the middle of a chilly weather. Met up with Zuhdi and Aris. Have a little chat, then Zuhdi and Aris got to get back to the thing they are doing. But we promised to hang out again for dinner.

"So, where to go?" I asked Nadia. Where to waste our time. For me North Bandung was never really that jammed in terms of traffic, compared to Jakarta. In only between 2.30pm until around 6pm, I have already went to Hegarmanah, Trans Studio Mall, to Nadia's aunt house, and arrived at the place we are going to have dinner at. That was pretty much a lot for me.

I went to this vintage shop "Garasi Opa" at Hegarmanah. They sell these kind of really vintage suitcases, old phones, irons, eating utensils  plates, glass, postcards, watch, purses, you name it. And didn't really have that much money to buy anything luxurious, I only bought two postcards. One picturing old Javanese ladies, and one picturing Cannes. Cannes, soon?

Then, Nadia wanted to look around for some glasses. So we went to Trans Studio Mall. It has been so long since I stepped my foot there. Probably sophomore year? And there was now a mini amusement park, and the roller-coaster was able to be seen from the streets. I was all "whoaaa whoooa" when we arrived. They did a pretty good job "rejuvenating" the place. 

After convincing Nadia to try a different kind of frame (she didn't like the rounded shaped ones, though I thought it looks sweet though), she finally opted to the more square glasses that I and the optician approves. I was still hungry, is it the cold or is it just my stomach? I dont' know. So we then grab ice cream. They don't have my favorite cookies and cream tho, but chocolate cookie crackle do pretty much fine.

Then after stopping by at Nadia's aunt's house, we went to Verde. It's a new resto/hang out place in Dago. I swear I was glad these type of eating places was not there when I was still in college, it would really rob my allowance. The atmosphere was nice, the food was nice, and the price... let me just say, it's right. The crowd was added with Yoyo, our juniors who happens to have a little of spare time to spend some time with the tourist (read:me).

Then we off went home after dinner and talks. And I was pretty much satisfied, and I thought, this escape plan was... 

GENIUS.

No comments: