Monday, March 19, 2012

The Sweetest Thing

Went to Kina Grannis live and up-close show yesterday. As I predicted, she was the sweetest person I've ever watched perform live. She perfectly played her setlist. It was flawless. She sounded just like when you watched her on youtube or listen to her CD. I was blown away.

She was very engaging with the audience too, even when she had to multitask with tuning her guitar in between songs. The funny thing when a random guy in the audience -who seems to have a huge crush on her- asked her to be his girlfriend, for 5 seconds only, she okay-ed it and while tuning her guitar still managed to say "this was a wonderful relationship", and all the audience laughed. 

Oh yea, though a couple post ago I thought I couldn't watch her performance, turns out the schedule was pretty much fine and so I excitedly bought meet and greet tickets based on "I think she would be a very humble and sweet person. I want to meet her". And so after the show, I got to go backstage, have a little chat which I forgot what did I said back there when I met her. All I remember is that, I made her a pompom necklace from which I spent the night before staying up late, and when I gave it to her she was "oh this is very sweet" and she didn't mind wearing it. *grin* I hope to see it someday in one of her videos. Oh and I took pictures with her using my instant camera, and she was super sweet hugging every one and all.



About the songs, I kind of got caught up with the performance and I forgot the order of the songs she played, but this is what I managed to recover from my memory. 

Kina Grannis Live
Jakarta, March 18, 2012

World In Front of Me
Strong Enough
Oops! I Did It Again
The One You Said Goodnight To
In Your Arms
Heart and Mind
The Goldfish Song
(New Song)
Cambridge
Valentine
Message From Your Heart

Encore:
Stay Just A Little
Safe and Sound

No comments: