Saturday, March 10, 2012

Birthday Thingy

I've always been excited for my own birthdays,-- well also for particular persons too--. And usually this excitement starts since the start of the year. Since my birthday is on April, I assume a 4 month gap between the new year and my birthday would be a short time.  I don't really understand why, but it has always been like that.

In that 4 months gap, I am thinking about what presents I want to get, what present(s) I want to buy for myself, what day is my birthday -is it weekday or weekends-, does it fall on lent month (since it usually is), how would I want to spend the day, with whom I would like to celebrate it, and so on and so on. It could be a never-ending list of things I had thought about.

This year, I did make a list. It's much simpler though, I only made list on presents. Got a few things on the list, but fortunately, I already cross a few because it had been "achieved" even before my birthday. Probably it's a sign that I should continue the list, who knows it would all be achieved until my birthday. Ha Ha. I wish.

---

the adams on stage

Anyways, I just got back from a small music festival called 2nd Music Gallery. It features mostly upcoming and also indie bands from Indonesia. There are 2 performance I wanted to watched, it was The Trees and The Wild and The Adams. Watched them both. 

The Trees and The Wild was below expectation. I think it is because of one of the guitarist is not playing but substituted. The substitute player did a good job though, and the "back-up" singer has a really great voice, pitch, and that twisted tone which is very suitable for the Indonesian-folk-inspired music they're doing. 

I havent really watched The Adams before, live, so this was my first time. They hadn't played much for a while also so I had only listen to their songs from records. But it was a nice performance, very calm, and for me their weezer-kind-of-tune always finds a way on giving warmth to the heart. Uh yeah.

No comments: