Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Again About Believing

I came across Praulo Coelho's tweet this morning saying, "If you believe you can do it, you are right. If you believe you can't do it, you are also right".

Then I have this thought about life, the life you're living. Life is mostly about pursuing, searching, looking, and maybe longing for something. I need no explanation on this. But perhaps some people will say that they're not pursuing anything; they're just living their lives, go with the flow, and not pursuing anything. In my opinion, in this kind of situation, you're still looking for something, you're looking for surprises in life. By that means, all of the condition above have something in common. We all have that certain hope on life. In order to achieve that hope or wishes or the target of the pursuit, you need to believe in it, you need to believe in the hope in it.

But that sense of believing, came from a place of a mixed of reality and dreams, something vague and something real, but believing in the dream itself is a stepping stone. I mean to be realistic, a poor beggar can't instantly be rich just by believing in it, he/she must do something about it, right? But doing something about it without believing in it, doesn't make sense either, because you're just auto-pilot-ing your life like a robot.

So now what should I do? What should we do? I think I'm gonna start believing (again) in my dreams, believing in the pursuit of my dreams. I, myself, am still trying to fill in what fits in life, finding which puzzle fits, which dream fits. Lately, I spent too much time worrying on fears and uncertain realities instead of building hopes, dreams, and believes. I guess just need to get a hold on a hunch of believe, and the next step is only another foot forward.

No comments: