Sunday, July 27, 2014

Trip to Denmark

First thing first, this is a long overdue post. The trip itself was from May 19 to June 12. I just finally made myself to spend the time to select pictures to post here. And it was quite a challenge, picking which pictures that could represent from thousands of pictures I took over the 3 weeks. The city was beautifully breathtaking. The cityscape, the people, the weather. Everything's just right. With a country that speaks very well english and also with very helpful people, it's really an ease for a foreigner like me to get around the city so easily.

The opportunity/ I was sent by the office to join a 3 week training course on Green Energy and Low Carbon Development Plan. Sounds pretty fancy, huh? It was a new thing and an interesting thing. The course itself was funded and organised by Danida and UNEP Riso Center. There are 16 people on the course, 8 from Indonesia, and the other 8 diverse from Pakistan, Egypt, Colombia, Kenya, and Burkina Faso. I get to meet these people from across the world, countries I can only imagine on maps.

Denmark/ My three week down there, I experienced all sort of weather. Even when it's approaching summer, it's still not yet real summer yet. There are days that are warm, chilly, windy, sunny, cloudy, foggy, almost everything (except snow, of course). The city is basically packed in the central Copenhagen. Getting around is very easy, with the Metro, Bus Line, Train line, and even pedestrian walk is nicely planned.


Since this is going to be a long post, click through for more..

Copenhagen/ I stayed in this beautiful apartment called Stay. It is truly beautiful and neatly designed. All black and white makes the large space even more huge. I share the apartment with a fellow course member, Clarice, from Kenya. We cooked, well mostly she cooked in the apartment. The course was held in UN City. A new building in Nordhavn. It's also breathtaking. Working as an architectural designer, it's an insane feeling to be able to be in buildings that you may only see on the web or in books.


Almost all the time, my architectural trip involves me walking alone in the city. Nobody's interested to look at buildings apart from me. Ha! But since I am practically trained to enjoy solitude, so it's not that big of a deal. But the downside is, when it comes to taking pictures of myself, it's being quite challenging. If there are people passing by that I could ask to take pictures then it could be a normal tourist picture, but when it isn't, it's selfie moment. Most of the time, I went with Manal, a friend from Egypt. She likes to cook and she works at an organic farm. So I asked her on tips on cooking. She's much older, but her spirit is such young that I feel like I am just hanging out with my big sister.

Recently read on Monocle, that Copenhagen is still its number one on the Top 25 Livable cities. Experiencing it myself, I wish I could agree moooore and moreee. It is top notch. Museums, food, hangouts, parks, plazas, architecture, fashion. Everything is just on its place and building one another.


Last but not least, some of my favorite architecture piece. 
I recommend you to go to Louisiana Museum of Modern Art. The place is breathtaking. Architecture, the art, the landscape, and the view to the ocean. When I went there it was cloudy after a light rain, but I must say it must be very beautiful in a sunny day. 
I also recommend you to go to the Dansk Arkitektur Center if you're into architecture. They have a lot of architecture, design-related books and they also held exhibitions. 
The 8 House by world renown BIG is also fascinating. The spaces within the apartment is unthinkable and it works somehow. 
The Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek also has nice collections and also a nice space. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bagus sekaliii :D

Christa said...

baguusss bgtt kotanya sihhh pengeennnn *drool*

andhang said...

pengen liat dr kapan tauk teryata udah di post disini